Hurricane Sandy

Thank you all for your thoughts and support during Hurricane Sandy. Carlos and I made it through OK. No damage to the house other than a few tree branches to pick up. We lost power on Monday evening, but it came back yesterday. Our Internet and TV are out today, but we'll deal.

As you may know, there are many others in Sandy's path who did not fare so well. As knitters, crocheters, and crafters, often our first instinct is to ask, "What can we do?" If you would like to help, Maria from the Subway Knits Podcast has started a fundraising effort with some prize drawings for those who choose to participate. For a minimum of $5 donation to the charity of your choice, you will receive an entry into the drawing by sending Maria your receipt and posting in her group. Since I'm posting this from my phone, I'm not sure whether I can link directly, but the information on how to enter can be found on Maria's blog: http://subway-knits.blogspot.com/2012/10/hurrication-day-2-fundraiser-and-update.html

You can also check out the Subway Knits group on Ravelry for more info and the thread to submit part of your entry after you send your receipt to Maria. The entry thread will close on Nov 18th at 5:00pm EST.

Since our Internet is now down, I am not sure when I'll be able to upload this week's episode. Stay tuned to the blog, twitter and Facebook for updates.

In the meantime, thank you again for being such a wonderful community of which I am so grateful to be a part.



(EDIT - logged in from my parents' computer to fix the links)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Maps - A Review & Giveaway for Mystic Shawls by Anna Dalvi

30 Day Sweater - Raglan Increases Tutorial

Commuter Knitter - Episode 105 - You Would Think This Would Be Like Riding a Bike