Commuter Knitter - Episode 91 - Well, It Depends

Please note - there is a bit of extra background noise in this episode thanks to the rain and potholes…



Where I Podcast


Drive
Rainbow Socks for Carlos in White Birch Fiber Arts Nothing Says Screw You Like a Rainbow
Thanks again to Jasmin of the Knitmore Girls for a podcast-friendly name for this color way :-)

Second Rainbow Sock

Sweet Sixteen!!! #GoIrish #BeatShockers

Cargo
Checking in for #stashdownthrowdown
Down 289.8 yards, even after falling down at the One Twisted Tree yarn premiere a couple weeks ago
I'm also strategizing for The Knit Girllls Stash Dash

One Twisted Tree

Road Maps - Sock Edition
Over the course of the next several episodes, we are going to chat about socks.  This episode the discussion is all about yarn and needles.

Early on in the podcast, I did a few photo tutorials for circular knitting:
DPN Tutorial
Magic Loop
2 Circulars


Sock Edition Thread in the Ravelry Group - let me know what you want me to talk about in this segment - ask away!

Road Trips

Connecticut Sheep & Wool - Tolland Agricultural Center - April 25, 2015
Kent Needle Arts Retreat - Kent, Connecticut - May 16-17, 2015


Come Find me on the Interwebs
Ravelry - ndjen04
Ravelry Group - Commuter Knitter Podcast
Twitter - @CommuterKnitter
Facebook - Commuter Knitter
Email - commuterknitter@gmail.com
Instagram - ndjen04

Comments

  1. If I remember correctly, during this episode you were discussing the types of needles to use when knitting socks. I have experimented with different types of needles and prefer magic loop. I like to knit my socks toe-up, well that is all I have tried, and I discovered it is not so easy to try the sock on my foot when knitting with the 9 inch needles. I think the needles are too short and there is not enough room for the stitches to stretch out on the needle as I was trying the sock on. I may just use the 9 inch needles for the cuff or at a point when I won't try the sock on. The needles took some getting used to, but I do find the sock goes along faster with the 9 inch needles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Road Maps - A Review & Giveaway for Mystic Shawls by Anna Dalvi

30 Day Sweater - Raglan Increases Tutorial

Commuter Knitter - Episode 105 - You Would Think This Would Be Like Riding a Bike