Episode 85 - Looking at 2014 in the Rearview Mirror

A retrospective of my 2014 yarn crafting adventures and a look ahead to 2015.  Recorded on Monday, December 29th, 2014.  Released January 1, 2015 - Happy New Year!



Santa came! Merry Christmas! 🎅🎄

You've Arrived At Your Destination
2014 Finished Objects (no, you cannot do the same organizing in the stash page that you can in the project page and queue)
4 pairs of socks - 3 for me, 1 for Carlos
2 sweaters - Hitofude and Ginny's Cardigan
3 kids' sweaters
1 hat
1 cowl
1 bedspread

Mario Blanket

I mention The Knit Girllls Stash Dash, the Prairie Girls Knit & Spin podcast and their "Legend-Prairie" project.

Drive

14 WIPs started in 2014
Oranje
Elfe
Pomme de pin
6 pairs Socks, socks and more socks
2 hats
1 Kids' sweater
1 pair mitts
1 shawl

Rearview Mirror - 2014 Goals
Bring back old WIPs - of the 12 FOs this year, 3 were old WIPs, but the Mario Blanket should count for quite a few!
More socks for me - 3 new pairs added to the sock drawer
Thoughtful with yarn purchases - I did well up until recently
Expand my skills
The one I couldn't remember was to knit more sweaters for myself - finished 2 and cast on 3 more

Trip Planner - 2015 Goals

Knit through my 30 (!!) WIPs - tackle them one at a time to chip away at them
Knit from stash
Knit from pattern library
More socks for Carlos
Sweater or vest for Carlos
Finish cross stitch projects

Road Map to Achieve 2015 Goals
Search within myself - a theme for me both inside and outside my crafting life
Shopping from my WIPs, stash and pattern library

Road Trips
CT Sheep and Wool
Stitch n Pitch
Stitches East (which, sadly, has been cancelled for 2015 in Hartford)
Rhinebeck

Thank you to all of you for a wonderful 2014 and a great year for the podcast despite the bumpy ride


Come Find me on the Interwebs
Ravelry - ndjen04
Ravelry Group - Commuter Knitter Podcast
Twitter - @CommuterKnitter
Facebook - Commuter Knitter
Email - commuterknitter@gmail.com
Instagram - ndjen04

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Maps - A Review & Giveaway for Mystic Shawls by Anna Dalvi

30 Day Sweater - Raglan Increases Tutorial

Commuter Knitter - Episode 105 - You Would Think This Would Be Like Riding a Bike